So, I have "resorted" to internet dating. True story! It can only be described as totally diverting, and pure comedy.
Hilariously, I have been contacted by the following men:
1) A man from/currently living in Lima, Peru.
2) A man aged 47 who had this to say: "okay, i know i'm well outside your preferred age range, but i just had to tell you that i think you're adorable!" You know who else thinks I'm adorable? My dad. And he can use the shift key. Just saying.
3) A man aged 43 who had this to say "... I love reading, working out, drives up the coast, Salsa dancing, watch a sunset when I have someone special in my life, movies, fine dining and listening to live Jazz. May I call you? Ciao." Is it just me, or does this individual sound like the most boring/cliche middle-aged single dude ever? I bet he also likes long walks on the beach and cuddling in front of a fireplace. Seriously.
4) An old dude aged 64 that commented "I loved your profile, what do you think of mine?" I think yours shows that you are a 64 year old bald wrinkly dude living in Canada!! Which part of that is supposed to be attractive to me?
5) And, my favorite so far, my profile was viewed by a 70 year old. Maybe he was searching for/trying to reconnect with his grand kids? One can only hope.
Yes! Comedy gold, I tell you! SO WORTH the small fee I paid. My profile has been viewed by over 170 men in addition to those listed above. Not bad for a little over a week. Anyway, there are a few dudes that I would actually consider going out with, but I'm not holding my breath. It was more of a social experiment/distraction while the man that I really want to date is currently unavailable. I don't anticipate renewing my subscription at the end of the month. I'd guess that it can't be as much fun once the novelty has worn off.
1 week ago