Friday, January 16, 2009

Next.

So, that was quick. This week started out with two suitors in contention for my affections, and it is heading into the weekend with none. Crushes come and go pretty quickly around the Shady Lady Hideaway. It likely has something to do with the fact that I think it's ridiculous to waste time hiding how I feel about men. I know there's a place for seduction and a chase in relationships, and I am not inept at flirting. However, generally speaking, I have a no-nonsense approach to dating. If I like a man, I will tell him so. It's true that this approach leaves one emotionally exposed and open to all kinds of rejection. But I figure that I'd rather have the rejection happen NOW than weeks or months down the road. Sometimes I'm the one doing the rejecting, and sometimes I'm the one getting rejected. Either way is just fine. When the rejection happens early on, they aren't really rejecting me, they're rejecting the idea of me, which may or may not coincide with the actual me. This distinction may only exist in my mind, but it's an important one. Anyway, so long as the guys seem to be attracted to me like moths to a flame, I don't think there's cause to change my approach.

In other news, I still kind of have a crush on that one guy. You know the one.

No comments: